Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting started....

Kids back in school today.....great day to start attacking my list.  Let's start with the some easy things.


13.      Start a blog   Check!

34. Wear pajama jeans to the mall (which means I have to get some!)
                                got them ordered, but they won't ship until 1/21

24. Make it to the bus stop one day without raising my voice EVEN ONE TIME.
                              gave an effort, but not going to happen today!

12.       Get back to Lifetime at WW 
                              hmmmm.....to get back to Lifetime, that means I have to get back on the program.
  

Okay, I will admit it.  I have done Weight Watchers once or twice before with the intentions of getting back to my "goal weight." I have even tried it (HORROR!!!) on my own at home.  However, unless I go to the meetings and get on a scale in front of other people, it is just not going to happen.  I have too much pride to pay someone to weigh me and not have it go well.

Upon arriving it goes something like this:

Leader:  Good to see you!  Last time I saw you, you were  so close to goal.  I was sad you stopped coming.

Me: Yes, but I am here to get the rest of the weight off.

Leader: How is your baby? He must be walking by now.

Me: Um, yeah.  He starts Kindergarten in the fall.

Leader:  WOW!  It HAS been a while.

Okay, I get it. I gave up when I was close.  I mean, the thing is, I have kids!  I have a life!  I know that an apple is better for you than a brownie.  I just don't always care.

This time I will.  I will put down the brownie and walk away from it.  I will not eat zero point vegetable soup all day so that I can have beer and hot wings for dinner.  I will make this not a diet, but rather a lifestyle change.

I guess I am going to have to if I am ever going to do #5.

5.      Wear a bikini in public.  

 

3 comments:

  1. I think we're very similar in our attitudes toward health/fitness/weight - it's so much easier for me to exercise than it is for me to eat well. I really enjoy exercising, but eating vegetables instead of ice cream sucks! I've also committed to eating better this year and find more of a balance, although I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to wear a bikini in public - you totally have my respect for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Betsy!! I hate it when people say, "Why are you dieting? You exercise so much!" My answer is always, "I would weigh 400 pounds if I didn't exercise!"

    I think you should wear a bikini too- I mean, even Kirstie Allie did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, maybe I'll take it under consideration for my "before 40" list!
    I will say that, if you want to feel better about your body, go to White Water - you could wear a bikini there and no one would ever blink an eye!

    ReplyDelete